I really had an hour last night when I thought to myself, “Self, this might be it!” Then I fell asleep and woke up another hour later with no pain left. What a bummer.
I did have my 40 week midwife appointment today (yes, my due date is August 12th-Saturday-but they have so many women due this week and next that they were actually doublebooking their appointments and this was the last one left!).
Today I got to meet with the director of the birthing center, Jan, who was so helpful during our last pregnancy and loss. She looked at me and said, “So what do you want to do? Are we inducing or waiting it out another week?” I nearly burst into tears while I told her all my thoughts from how bad I want to see that this little girl is ok to I don’t want to mess too much with nature (what if she’s NOT ready to come out for some strange reason??) to how much I am in pain to not wanting to ‘jinx’ anything by inducing. She said that based on all the info of this pregnancy that they have, this baby could go either way and be just fine. So, together, we decided that IF this baby doesn’t come by then, I will be induced next Thursday. So worse comes to worse, I only have one more week of this left.
We both laughed and said that now that I have my ‘walking papers’, she’ll probably decide to come on her own. I opted NOT to have an exam today to see if there was any changes, because I figure, it really doesn’t matter, right? Perhaps this will help get me going. In the meantime, I plan on walking more tonight as long as its not raining.
Ok, I just wanted to update you guys so you know what’s going down over here. I know you’re waiting with baited breath…LOL
Seriously, I wanted to say thanks for all the words of encouragement you guys have left here. You rock. I totally appreciate it!